Shalom dear friends of Sabra
Before I started Update 4; while I was thinking, I heard on the radio that at 12:30 there will be a funeral for a lone soldier who was killed this week. There was nobody to attend the funeral of this soldier. The army made a call and ask if you are able to participate in the funeral and pay their last respects to the soldier, since the funeral is far from the area where I am, unfortunately I could not come. Afterwards, I heard that many of the participants who did not know him at all wanted to attend, and although it is forbidden to gather more than fifty people, more than a thousand people gathered. I was so touched by the unity we everywhere see in this difficult time in Israel.
(One of the products in such emergency situations we need transistor radios on batteries, and not only to hear information about what’s happening on the fronts, which is important in itself, but occasionally we receive instructions from the army and the police, instructions on how to act in certain moments and how to behave).
Today I received a phone call from one of the army officials. He asked me to check the possibility of donations for;
1. There is an urgent need for medical equipment and medicines for the wounded (the number of wounded is particularly high). For this matter, the army needs donations intended for the benefit of this issue.
2. Donations for the benefit of the families of the wounded, to make it easier for them to take care of their loved ones.
If any of you are interested in making a donation, please do so through our bank account:
1. To Israel bank account: Sabra foundation: Hamizrahi Tefahot Banks
Afula, Jerusalem str 4: account nr: 20.474.134647
MIZBILITSWIFT IL39-0204-7400-0000-0134-647 IBAN
2. by PayPal : you can find the pay pall details on our website
3. Or you can send a check too the following address:
P.O. Box 7644
We all know the scripture: “…every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing The Lord your God has given you…” Deuteronomy 16:17).
Remember the saying: by giving, you will receive more than you have already received.
May the blessings of the Most High be upon you, your family and your congregation.
From the land of Zion and the city of Jerusalem
Your brother in faith Mordechai ben Yaakov